Once your flowers arrive follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
1. Open the box of flowers and inspect.
2. Ensure that your flower containers are clean and disinfected.
3. Fill the container with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. Use the flower food packet shipped with your order. Follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
4. Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
5. Remove any flower bunch packaging material.
6. Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
7. Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared container.
8. Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
9. Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
10. Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink a large amount of water upon arrival.
If your peonies are not ‘popping’ open from the golf ball shaped bloom in time for your event, we suggest re-cutting the stems every 2 hours to help speed up the blooming process.
Ensure that you have sufficient room in each container for the amount of flowers you will be storing in the container . Flowers need room to breath and bloom; over stuffing containers with too many flowers, can cause damage as well as prevent proper blooming.
Exposing flowers to warm environments (outside in the shade, a warmer room, etc) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the blooming of your flowers.
Flowers wilt and fade prematurely because water is prevented from reaching the top blooms due to bacteria blockage in the stem. To minimize bacteria, keep your containers and/or vases with clean fresh water.